Friday, June 28, 2019

Le Vallauris

Sandi and I had a free night at a hotel compliments of our American Express card/Marriott Bonvoy. We thought of combining them so we could get 2 nights. I received an email from Le Vallauris informing the public that it will be closing soon for the summer. It was a no-brainer to try making a reservation in Palm Springs so we can take advantage of their cuisine before it closed. My friends and I have been dining there for many years, even before I started a food blog. The only reason we go to Palm Springs is to dine at Le Vallauris.


Our reservations were for 5:30 p.m. and we had a choice of our table. Willie guided us to a nice cozy corner away from the direct sunlight. Though the temperature was in the high 90's it was quite pleasant with the air condition going in this beautiful patio setting. Our server, Raymond remembered me from the last time I dined there with the girls which was about 4 years ago!  He remembered where we sat and even commented on how my hair color changed! Now that's what I call a very good memory.


When Sandi saw the word "Halibut" that was it, she had to order that with blood orange, rainbow carrots, and asparagus. Her appetizer was a Beet Salad that included tomatoes figs and blue cheese with some greens.


I went for the prix fixe menu. The amuse bouche consisted of 2 items; chilled roasted tomato soup, smoked salmon on corn blini with wasabi tobiko caviar and a duck terrine with pistachio and fig. My least favorite was the duck terrine which Sandi loved. The soup was delicious and the smoked salmon was even more delicious.  My appetizer was Prosciutto di Parma with burrata over Toscane melon gelée. This was a work of art and had a wonderful taste. Everything worked well together.


My main course was the Grilled Beef Filet Cabernet reduction, potato croquette, and haricot vert. I couldn't believe I could not finish the steak, though just a small portion was left. It was just too filling. My dessert was a Limoncello Soufflé with a scoop of lemon sorbet. I managed to consume most of it. Sandi had the Trio of Homemade Sorbets which was refreshing.


Dining at Le Vallauris is always a treat. We all get excited as it doesn't get better than this. Excellent food and service. If for some reason you haven't heard of Le Vallauris, it's time you open your eyes and book a trip to Palm Springs. Like I mentioned, this is the only reason we go to Palm Springs. Le Vallauris is located at 385 W. Tahquitz Way in Palm Springs.

Thanks again to Raymond for service above an beyond and thanks to Willie for welcoming us back. Have fun in Laguna. Sorry to have missed Paul and Omar.




No comments:

Post a Comment