Thursday, June 20, 2019

La Buvette Wine Bistro

When a friend from the gym asked me if I've been to La Buvette in San Pedro, I immediately had to grill her further on the food. She mentioned that this French restaurant was new and that she really liked it. She recommended the Filet of Sole and the Onion Soup.


Zohreh, Sujata, Sandi and I went to see what it was all about. The place was nice and cozy reminiscent of a typical French Bistro. We ordered a bottle of Beaujolais wine. Shortly after we ordered the wine came the fresh French bread with a slice of butter with sea salt. I immediately asked for more butter as that was not even enough for me! The star of the show was really the French Onion Soup which was delicious.


Sujata and Zohreh had the Salmon with potato fingerlings and Sandi and I ordered the Steak & Frites. We were surprised to get a big slab of N.Y. Steak which was good. The frites also surprised us only because they were not the usual thin cut fries. We were all happy with our choices though nothing really stood out.


We were all too full to order dessert, though I would not have passed on a Crepe Suzette which was not on the menu. Service was good. La Buvette Wine Bistro is located at 335 W. 7th St. in San Pedro, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment