Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Fishing with Dynamite

Five of us took advantage of the dineLA and made reservations at Fishing with Dynamite in Manhattan Beach. Only Sujata and I have been there previously since they are known for their oyster bar and seafood. The 3-course menu for dineLA was exciting to me and thought it would be for my non-oyster eating friends.


For the first course, Sujata and I decided on the Raw Bar Platter which included 2 oysters, 2 scallops and 2 shrimp. The rest of the non-adventurous settled on the New England Clam Chowder. Everyone was quite happy with their choice.


Tor the second course, only Sandi ordered the Shrimp Po Boy in which I was happy since I got to have one of her shrimp which was very good. Her Po Boy came with potato chips that she generously shared with us. The four of us had the Maryland Crab Cakes with whole grain mustard remoulade. I have had them before and told everyone how wonderful it is. I did ask for extra remoulade that made the crabcake even more delicious.


We did not have a choice for dessert. It was Key Lime Parfait with a graham cracker crust and kaffir lime meringue. This is their signature dessert and  I was ecstatic about it since I have had the pleasure of having it in the past.


Fishing with Dynamite is a good place to go for great food but there is one drawback. The place is very small so everyone is seated very close together especially if your party is 2-4. That is not too bad, the fact that they have the music so loud, we had difficulty hearing one another. It's very hard to have a pleasant conversation. We did bring it to the attention of our server and he informed us that it's hard to control the volume because it depends on the song. Huhhh? Why not just turn the volume down-period.

Fishing with Dynamite is located at 1148 Manhattan Ave. in Manhattan Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment