Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Bob's Well Bread Bakery

My friend Vijay came by and surprised me with a box of pastries he got while on a recent business trip. My friend Josephine was with me when he dropped it off. I couldn't wait to see and try the contents of the box.  My eyeballs almost came off the sockets when I saw a Kouign Amann, Chocolate and Plain Croissants and a Poppy Seed Scone.


Josephine and I had just had breakfast so we weren't hungry and we wanted to do the pastries justice by having them when we could truly appreciate each pastry. But, the Kouign Amann was begging to be sampled. I took it out of the box and cut it in half for me and Josephine to try. I was almost in tears. I just could not believe how wonderful it was.


I later tried the Chocolate Croissant and the sound it created when I pulled it apart was beautiful music. It was nice and crispy, buttery and just unbelievably delicious. It brought back memories from when we got our croissants at L'Amande Bakery. This is the real deal. The lemon poppyseed scone was just as delicious especially with butter and homemade jam.


The fact that this bakery is far from Palos Verdes/ Torrance area, makes this a sad ending to this story. It brings tears to my eyes. You would have to drive to Los Alamos which is near Solvang. Their address is 550 Bell St. in Los Alamos, California. You can check out their website; BobsWellBread.com

No comments:

Post a Comment