Friday, July 6, 2018

Three Ingredient Spaghetti Sauce

I came across this recipe on the Internet. It was too good to be true that only 3 ingredients were needed to make this spaghetti sauce. Canned whole peeled tomatoes, 1 medium sweet yellow onion, butter and salt of course (4 counting the salt).

I made this sauce about a month ago but I cheated. I added some mushrooms which were already sautĂ©ed in butter and Mirin sauce. I also added some red wine and added more butter than what was called for.  The result was quite good; in fact, better than expected. Yesterday, I decided to follow the recipe which I did except for the butter. I did use a stick or maybe a bit more of the butter. In my eyes, you can never overdose on butter.


Cora was to be my guinea pig. I did warn her that this was an experiment and she was still game. I served a green salad with the spaghetti and some French bread. Cora thought it was very good. I thought it was good considering how simple it was to make with only 3 ingredients. The question is will I make it again? Yes, but I would definitely add more ingredients and would probably not discard the onions but dice them and incorporate them with the sauce.


If you are interested in the original recipe, see below. Try it, you might like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment