Monday, July 9, 2018

Saturday Night at Bettolino Kitchen

I made a reservation for two last Saturday at Bettolino in Redondo Beach. Berenice who was visiting from San Diego has never been there so I thought that would be a good place for her to try. I was happy to see Sonia, my favorite server greet us. She introduced us to Jared who was to be our server. I was disappointed she wasn't going to be our server but the good news is she is now a manager which I was very happy to hear.


We started with warm bread served with olive oil and herbs which always taste better with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Berenice loved the bread and could not stop eating it. I warned her that she wouldn't be able to eat her entrée if she kept eating the warm bread. We split a Caesar Salad and ended up having the Polipo alla Griglia, the grilled octopus. I always get excited when I'm with someone who doesn't cringe at the sight of tentacles. Berenice commented on the fact that she was getting full and that was just before Jared asked us if we wanted more bread. She was about to say yes but I said "no" and had him take the last bread away! You should have seen Berenice's face. It was like taking candy from a baby.


For our entrée, we agreed to split 2 kinds of pasta. We ordered the Pansotti; lump crab stuffed pasta with pink vodka sauce and the Tortelloni Al Limone; spinach & ricotta stuffed pasta with lemon, cream sauce, and fresh herbs. Jared had to warn us about the Tortelloni: "You have to like lemon since it has a strong lemon flavor". I wouldn't have it any other way! Both pasta dishes were very good. I especially liked the Tortelloni. If you like lemon, you will absolutely love this dish. I can't wait to go back and have it again....that's how good it was.


It is customary to have dessert but we were really too full since we finished everything. We were total pigs because of the fact that we had a big lunch at Lunasia, the dim sum restaurant in Pasadena earlier. Berenice who isn't easily impressed since she once owned the restaurant Cafe Cego's with her husband in Rolling Hills, loved the restaurant.

Bettolino Kitchen is located at the Riviera Village in Redondo Beach, California.















No comments:

Post a Comment