Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Fishing With Dynamite

It's countdown to the end of dineLA; this coming Friday is the last day one can take advantage of prix fixe lunches and dinners. Sujata and I have one good thing in common. We both like raw oysters so when we saw the dineLA Menu for Fishing with Dynamite which included oysters, we decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner. We had several choices for our first course. Raw Bar Platter which included 2 oysters, 2 scallops, and 2 shrimp. They also had New England Clam Chowder and Hamachi. The fourth choice was a Tomato & Tuna Tonnato Toast with capers, fennel, basil, sherry vinegar. I was all set in ordering the Raw Bar Platter till the gentleman next to me dining alone suggested I try the Tomato & Tuna Tonnato Toast. He has had it in the past and assured me I would love it. I usually would not take a stranger's suggestion but he sounded so convincing that I thought: what the heck!

Boy was I glad I listened to the gentleman. He was right on. It was so delicious. I had my doubts when I first glanced at it. It looked too healthy, something a vegetarian might like. I shared a small piece with Sujata. She preferred her raw bar. She did give me one of her baby oysters which was delicious. The only thing they could have done better is cut the tomatoes smaller because it was very hard to eat. After a couple of bites, everything just fell off the wonderful toast so I cut the tomatoes in bite-size pieces. The tonnato sauce was wonderful and the capers went very well with the 2 kinds of tomatoes. I enjoyed that so much that I forgot that our entreés have not yet arrived.


Sujata ordered the Maryland Blue Crab Cake which we both have had before and was outstanding with the whole grain mustard remoulade. I  had the Softshell Crab Po Boy with Cajun remoulade and some Fries. I did not have room to finish all of it so I ended up not eating the bread since I already had quite a bit of bread for my appetizer.


The dineLA menu included their famous Key Lime Parfait; Graham cracker crust, kaffir lime meringue. It was a bit tangy and just delectable. Another perfect lunch; all for $25!


Fishing with Dynamite is a great seafood restaurant. It is located at 1148 Manhattan Ave. in Manhattan Beach, California. It's a very small restaurant. You sit next to strangers, the noise level is high and parking is sometimes a problem since it's by the beach. No romantic lunches or dinners here, just plain good food.


No comments:

Post a Comment