Saturday, July 28, 2018

Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market

This restaurant was not my choice. It was my son's choice as it was on the way to the airport when I had to drop him off. The reason I say it was not my choice is that it looked too much like a restaurant that would serve nothing but healthy and low-calorie food which could never excite me. It was a beautiful evening and I was hoping the ambiance would make me love the food.


We both decided to split a salad and a sandwich. He picked the Avocado & Quinoa Superfood Ensalada. The avocado sounded good but the quinoa didn't. The salad had a lot of items in it; Chopped romaine, curly kale, quinoa & millet, housemade "superfood krunchies", black bean, roasted corn & jicama, red onions, cilantro, cheese, grape tomatoes and avocado with a chipotle vinaigrette. The Nam's Charity Chicken Bahn Mi looked interesting; Vietnamese-style chicken, lemongrass relish, Asian pickled slaw, cilantro, sweet chili sauce with chili aioli. While waiting for our meal, we sampled a beet salad which was free. I love beets but this failed to impress me.


The salad arrived and it looked pretty. There was so much stuff going on that I figured it was to take your attention away from what you were eating. I was busy trying to figure out what I was eating with the different textures. It was not bad but it wasn't great either. The sandwich was much better though nothing compared to the last Bahn Mi I had which was at ink sak.


This is a great restaurant for people that are health conscious or Vegans. Would I return to Mendocino Farms? I don't think so but that's just me. The restaurant is located at "The Point" in Manhattan Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment