Friday, July 13, 2018

Nozomi

My son discovered this little gem in Torrance and it's been 2 years since I was there last.  My only friend that likes sashimi is Yvonne. I told her about Nozomi and how good it was, but we never found time to go until a few days ago. We sat at the bar for convenience since we had planned to have the Omakase- the Chef's choice. Yvonne talked me into having a beer. She claimed that was the only thing good that goes well with sashimi and sushi. I am not a beer drinker but I was game. We split a large bottle of Asahi. She was right. They started us with a Miso Soup and their House Salad; both delicious, and a dual gateway to the coming feast.


This time, instead of serving us the sashimi one at a time, they had them all laid out on a plate. Yvonne and I had one each which was overwhelming when you get to see them all together. I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture of the plate. I ended up calling that afternoon and speaking to our server, Jenny and asking her if she would be so kind as to take a photo of the Omakase plate and send it to me. Her manager Shoko did a wonderful job of fulfilling my wish. Each and every piece of sashimi was mouth watering especially my favorite, the uni. It was my lucky day because it turned out that uni is the only item that Yvonne does not like, so I got to eat hers. It's almost as if I heard a chorus of angels singing "Hallelujah" as she dumped hers on my plate.


Everything was perfect; but if I were to critique something, it would be the fact that they served all the pieces in one plate instead of one at a time. The reason being, we would have more time to savor everything as opposed to stuffing each one after another in our mouths, leading us to miss the anticipation of guessing what was to come next. Although the Sushi Chef told us the names of the fish as he presented the plates to us, we immediately forgot which was what. I must mention that their fish comes directly from Tukiji and Fukuoka, Japan.

Nozomi is located at 1757 W. Carson St. #L in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment