Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Crêpery Café

We went to an early show yesterday at the Peninsula Mall in Palos Verdes. It was lunchtime by the time the movie was over. We thought we would try The Crêpery Café for the first time since it changed from The Yellow Vase.

The interior looked a bit different, perhaps because all the yellow was gone. Though the menu had a variety of sandwiches and salads in addition to the various crêpes, we decided to order crêpes since that was their specialty. Sandi had the Chicken Chevre; chicken breast, roasted tomatoes and goat cheese and I ordered the Creamy Chicken; chicken breast, mushrooms, jack cheese and sour cream cooked in red wine sauce. All the savory crêpes are made with buckwheat. While we waited for our order, I had to ask our server if they could turn the air conditioning on as it was way too stuffy. Our server was nice and understanding though we thought the service was way too slow.


They were very generous with the chicken with lots of white meat chunks. The buckwheat sort of looked unappetizing to me, but I held my opinion for later. A small salad was served on the side. The dressing was way too sour for me and even Sandi. I had to add half a pack of sugar for it to be edible. Sandi did the same thing. The crêpes were okay in flavor though I thought it was a bit starchy or rubbery. We split both but could only eat half.


Dessert was a bit more promising. We ordered the La Citron Crêpe; fresh squeezed lemon and sugar to split. We enjoyed that even more after adding extra powdered sugar. I asked our server if it is possible to order the savory crêpe with the regular and normal crêpe as opposed to bucwheat. She said yes which is good to know because I think it would be a lot better.


I'm not sure if I would return to The Crêpery Cafe in the near future. I might give it some time; like the saying goes, "Time Heals". The Crêpery Cafe is located at 810 Silver Spur Rd. in Rolling Hills Estates a few doors from the Red Onion.




























No comments:

Post a Comment