Saturday, December 30, 2017

Blaze Pizza

After seeing a movie the other day we realized that all five of us were starving as we hadn't had any popcorn. We wanted a restaurant close to the theater so we all voted to walk across the parking lot to Islands for hamburgers. The wait was going to be half an hour. By then a few of us would have died from starvation so we walked a few more steps to Blaze Pizza. Everyone was happy ordering their very own pizza.

They had Signature Pizzas and Build Your Own Pizza. We all decided to try the Signature Pizzas. Sujata ordered the Red Vine; ovalini mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan, basil, red sauce, olive oil drizzle. I ordered the White Top; white cream sauce with mozzarella, applewood bacon, chopped garlic, oregano and arugula. I had them put the bacon on only half of my pizza so I could share the other half with Sujata as she was sharing half of hers with me. Cindy had the White Top as well. Mertz decided on the Link In; Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, sauteed onions, mozzarella and red sauce. Sandi chose the Art Lover; artichokes, mozzarella, ricotta, chopped garlic, red sauce dollops. We all loved our choices except for Sandi. She had one slice and couldn't eat anymore. She thought it had too much red sauce. Even when Mertz took Sandi's left over pizza home, her son did not like it as well. I had a slice of it and she was right, it was just not good.


I have to mention that I was looking forward to a glass of wine to go with my pizza and I was very disappointed to learn they had run out of wine. I ended up having diet coke!

Blaze Pizza is no Osteria Pizza but it's not bad, especially if you order the right pizza. They are thin and crisp. Blaze Pizza has numerous locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment