Saturday, September 23, 2017

Manila Sunrise

My friend Cora once mentioned that the Manila Sunrise has the best Pancit Malabon, a noodle dish that originated in Malabon in the Philippines. It is usually topped with pork, chicharon, green onions and eggs. I drove to the city of Carson to finally try the Pancit. I got there and pondered what else to get as I examined the rest of the dishes closely.  They all looked delicious. I got a beef dish and one that looked intriguing. It was called Ginataang Langka which is jackfruit cooked in coconut milk.


All three dishes were very good but my favorite was the Ginataang Langka. I've never had a fruit (not sweet) cooked this way. It had pork in it and it was a bit spicy. It was divine mixed with steamed rice. I will have to try and make this dish in the near future.

Manila Sunrise is located at 21828 Main St. in Carson, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment