Thursday, September 21, 2017

Filipino Dinner

I usually get invited for meals so I thought this time I would cook. I put some effort in preparing dinner for a couple of friends. I made Chicken cooked in coconut milk; with vinegar, garlic and whole peppercorns and Pancit Bihon (rice sticks). The Pancit Bihon is my grandmother's recipe. I made it a year ago but before that, it's been 40 years since I last made it because her recipe called for frying the vegetables individually. I tried doing it easier this time. I fried the carrots, celery and string beans together then added the cabbage after 5 minutes. The pancit consisted of pork, cooked ham and shrimps, onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken bouillon.


I of course had to make steamed rice to go with the Coconut Chicken. The coconut sauce lightly showered the rice and made it nice and creamy. It was a starchy dinner; rice, and rice noodles but who cares. A bottle of Rosé Champagne complemented the dinner very well.

For dessert I made Calamansi Pie (Philippine lime). It had just the right amount of tang. It was the perfect dessert after the chicken and noodle meal.


My guests left quite happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the guests left quite happy and full, thankful that our friend worked so hard to prepare such a delicious meal to share with us.

    ReplyDelete