Sunday, March 19, 2017

Second trip to purebread

I can only wish I had a third, fourth, fifth trip to purebread while we were in Vancouver. Here is my previous blog on this wonderful place we spotted by accident.
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2017/03/purebread.html


We had planned to go back the following day, rain or shine. This time we tried the Crème Brȗlée Bun, and we had to have the Roasted Apple Brown Sugar Pecan Cream Puff Tart again. I bought a Chocolate Brownie with a Lemon filling to take home. Everything looked so good that I was tempted to buy a whole Apple Pie. Salted Caramel Brioche Slice and a Sticky Bun to name a few. Even Mertz's decaffeinated coffee looked inviting.


We were both amazed on how nothing was overly sweet. Before the end of the day, I sampled the brownie I bought. It was unlike any brownie I've had. A bit crunchy outside but soft and chewy inside with the lemon filling which took it to another level.


Mertz noticed the sign on the counter. They will be closed on 2 dates filming for the Food Network. If I lived in Vancouver you can be sure I would stack up a day before filming so as not to miss out. I can only hope and pray they open a branch in Los Angeles; better yet in Torrance, California since we have no good bakery since L'Amande Bakery closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment