Saturday, March 11, 2017

El Pollo Inka

My friend Terri was in the area today so we decided to go to the 5:00 p.m. mass at St. John Fisher. It was dinner time when we got out. She's never had Peruvian food so we went to El Pollo Inka. I have never been there when they had live music. It was a small group that played the typical cool Peruvian music which was soothing.

I can never remember the name of of the steak I usually order so I had to refer to my previous blog. We both ended up ordering the Bisteck Montado; thin steak with fried egg on top served with fried plantains and garlic rice. Before that, we were served the usual bread and Aguadito Soup; chicken and rice with cilantro soup.


Everything was delicious. The fried plantains were especially sweet and went well with the tender steak. As our server came to check to see if everything was o.k., I asked him to take our picture. It was evident that God's graces were still pouring on me and Terri via the shining light through the window. Food is more enjoyable when consumed with God's graces and more so when we are able to eat meat since it was not Friday. If you're Catholic, you should abstain from meat every Friday in Lent.


Terri was curious about the dessert so I, being a good friend decided to be a good sport and go for it. We decided to try the Flan and the Mango Ice Cream. Both were quite edible. The flan was better than expected though Terri and I thought the flan we make are better than theirs.


El Pollo Inka has several locations. We went to the one in Rolling Hills Estates in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment