Thursday, March 23, 2017

Forma

This is my second time at Forma. I was with friends in Santa Monica yesterday when suddenly it was lunchtime.....what better place to have lunch and celebrate Fabrice's birthday than to head over to Forma. See my previous blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2017/03/forma.html


We had to have the Cacio e Pepe and the fried artichoke salad. Fabrice ordered the Tortellini in light cream and truffle oil. We ordered a bottle of wine to go with our wonderful pasta. My brother Gary who works next door told me to try the Tortellini so I was happy Fabrice ordered it because I knew I would get to try one. It was delicious. I will have to order the Tortellini and Cacio e Pepe on my next trip with my friends who still haven't been to Forma. I asked Fabrice if he could take one of the cheese wheels home. He politely declined as it would not have fit under his sweater.



Since we were celebrating a birthday, our server brought a nice treat for the birthday boy. He also furnished 2 extra forks. Though Fabrice shared some of his desserts, Yvonne and I wanted to order desserts as well. We did get the Bombolone Alla Crema and the Banana Pecan Tart with Chocolate. We both preferred the Banana Tart which we didn't finish. I wanted to take home the leftover but was afraid the cream would go bad so I went next door and left it on Gary's desk at his office.


Mario, the owner was not there this time but I'm sure to see him sometime soon. Forma is located at 1610 Montana Ave. in Santa Monica, California.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like a delicious way to celebrate a birthday - lucky Birthday Boy!

    ReplyDelete