Wednesday, March 15, 2017

purebread

Yesterday while walking along the streets of Vancouver, we passed by this bakery that was truly different from the many other bakeries we saw. We went in and when we got a whiff of the  air inside, Mertz and I looked at each other and were both speechless. It was before dinner so buying something was out of the question however we knew this was going to be breakfast the following day.


We walked to 159 W. Hastings in Vancouver. I felt like St. Peter just gave me a pass inside the gates.  We had to have people behind us go ahead while we planned our strategy; which ones to order and share.  We decided to have one savory item and sweets for the rest. The savory item we got was the Bacon Sour Cream Scone with chives.  This was very good though I think it would have been better warm. The second item was a Roasted Apple Brown Sugar Pecan Cream Puff Tart. This was the best item. It was not as sweet as it looked. It was just perfect. So perfect that I started thinking how I could bring a dozen home to Los Angeles. The third item was Lemon Cream Bun which was more like a donut filled with a beautiful lemon cream. Again, not too sweet and another perfect item. I realized later that  I forgot to take a picture of the Lemon Bun in my excitement. I only got a shot of half of it along with half of the scone.



Mertz asked me if we should go back there tomorrow for breakfast. My response was "I don't know about you but I will be there tomorrow". The problem is I don't think I will be able to venture into new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment