Thursday, March 2, 2017

Meet In Paris

It's been at least 4 years, possibly 5 that I've been to this restaurant in Culver City. Sandi and I were coming from the valley and we tried to think of where we could stop for an early dinner last Saturday. I have been craving mussels lately and what better place than this restaurant that specializes in all sorts of mussels.  Sandi does not care for them but I knew they had really good Steak Frites.

We got there in time for Happy Hour. The drinks were discounted but more importantly; the mussels and hors d'oeuvres were also discounted. We ordered the Tarte Flambeé; French Flatbread with caramelized onion,blue cheese, lardons and crème fraiche.  These were delicious though I would have preferred more blue cheese.


There were 8 kinds of Mussels to choose from for the Happy Hour; all for $13.00. The regular menu has about 17 sauces to choose from. I chose the Dijonnaise with garlic, shallots, tomato confit, Dijon mustard, tarragon and cream. I had to order the Truffle Frites with aged Parmesan, truffle oil and aioli to go with my mussels. I was in heaven. When I finished all the mussels, I dumped the remaining fries into the cream sauce. The flavors of the mustard, tarragon, shallots and garlic were evident and when the fries soaked up the sauce it was like I was starting my meal over. What an experience.


Sandi was happy with her Le Steak Frites. Steak was cooked to perfection; this came with maitre d' hotel butter which melted onto the flavorful steak. The French fries didn't hurt the steak. I had a piece of the steak and loved it.


Meet in Paris not only has Happy Hour everyday from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm, they also have All You Can Eat Mussels on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays from 5:00 pm to  8:45 pm. They are located at 9727 Culver Blvd. in Culver City, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment