Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wild Cherry Danish

This Danish is super wild indeed! L'Amande had this as a special not too long ago. I am not the "Danish" type.  This is probably since I haven't had one exciting in all my years. They are generally too sweet and the fruit would taste "fake", usually canned. So naturally, when they had this as a special, I passed.  Then I heard that it was so good that people requested the return of the wild cherry danish.


This morning I had this mission in mind to give it a try. I ordered one to go with my nice strong coffee. Let me tell you; this was the best I've ever encountered. It was so flaky that when I tore it apart (I don't recommend using a fork and knife), I heard the crackling of the pastry. At second bite, I tasted the perfectly tart cherry. This is no ordinary cherry you get at the supermarket. These were wild; size of blueberries. The cherries with the vanilla custard tasted great. I'm not a cherry fan but guess what? You've guessed.........it's now your turn to try these super wild danish.

Some wonder how I can eat these things often.  I do make sacrifices as I am at the gym before 6:00 a.m., dance twice a week and take numerous pills as shown below. Plus I thank God for Lipitor everyday!


L'Amande  Bakery in Torrance will have this Cherry Danish tomorrow, Dec. 22, 2013, probably the last time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment