Monday, December 23, 2013

Lady M Confections

Lady M originally from New York opened a few months ago at 8718 W. 3rd St. in Los Angeles.  I have been wanting to go and try the confectionery delights but haven't had the time to do so until yesterday.  I accompanied my brother shopping and while driving, he all of a sudden asked if I wanted to stop by Lady M.  What a stupid question! He was always talking about his favorite Lemon Mille Crepe.  As he waited in the car, I jumped out and ran in.


With my luck, they didn't have the lemon but had the original Mille Crepe. I bought 2 slices to take home. There were others that looked almost as good as the Crepes. They had a Banana Mille Feuille, Gateau Au Chocolat, Mont Blanc and regular Eclairs though I'm sure theirs were nowhere near regular. FYI, these are very expensive delights. The 2 slices of Mille Crepe were $15.00! A 6" is $40 and the 9" is $75.


We had our Mille Crepe for dessert last night. Let me tell you; the $$$ was worth every bite. There are no less than 20 layers of paper thin (onion skin) crepes with a light pastry cream in between the many layers. The cream is truly light and not sweet at all. The top is gently caramelized though I think it could use a bit more caramelizing. This was heaven. I can't wait to try the Lemon and I can already imagine how wonderful it would be with cream. I will just have to wait and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment