Monday, December 17, 2012

Lasagna Dinner

It was time to make my famous lasagna for 2012.  I make it no more than once a year as it takes a lot of time. Invited Ana and Gonz who never had it, my brother Gary, old friend Cindy and Sandi.



For hors d' oeuvres, I baked an artichoke heart dip made with Japanese mayonnaise and lots of Parmesan. Also served Vermont cheddar cheese with crackers and grapes. My brother was nice enough to share his Cristal Champagne and Caviar which he received as a present. Caviar with Creme Fraiche with the best champagne.....what else can you ask for?




I decided not to have a green salad but instead, I served burrata (mozzarella with cream) with sweet baby tomatoes with lemon olive oil, pomegranate balsamic vinegar and some bacon. It didn't look pretty but everyone seemed to like it. Then I served a fresh mushroom salad made with just olive oil, lemon juice, green onions and shaved Parmesan. Sandi who does not like raw mushrooms was brave enough to try a bit. She ended up liking it....3 cheers for Sandi.



The lasagna was perfect according to my brother Gary. He complained the last time I served it; he said it was too salty.  This time, I went light on the Parmesan; some people are just wusses!  It was good if I may say so myself which I served with bread from L'Amande bakery and salted butter from France.



I forgot to take a picture of the dessert.  It was Cherries Jubilee Flambe with Brandy of course. It was a nice semi-light dessert with vanilla ice cream from Handel's.

I heard from everyone the following day which was a good sign.....no one got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment