Saturday, December 22, 2012

Croque Madame

I have had the Croque Monsieur numerous times at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance. I have never had the Croque Madame which is the same thing as Croque Monsieur but with the addition of a sunny side up egg on top.



I was not sure how the egg would go with Madame Croque but alas.....it was a perfect combination and quite the comfort food. What an amazing breakfast this is or lunch if you prefer.  The Blackforest ham with Gruyere cheese is made on on pan de mie (thick soft and fluffy) bread then put under their broiler so the cheese gets all melted and even better if left a bit longer to burn.  It is then topped with the fried egg. This is served with a salad.  What a healthy meal and a great way to start the day. You get your protein from the egg and cheese and all the good things that a salad brings.



Just before you go off to start your day, take a look at the numerous tarts which should complete your maximum calorie intake for the day. Calories only count if you actually consume the tarts.

3 comments:

  1. I actually visited L'Amande Bakery this summer and liked everything I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you liked everything. Did you get to try the salted caramel tart?

      Delete
    2. I didn't, but I'll try next time I'm there. I love their almond croissants!

      Delete