Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Surf & Turf at Lawry's

August is a month for $99 Surf and Turf Special for 2 at Lawry's.  It was my friend Amy's birthday and what better way to celebrate than to go surfing and turfing.....


To make our dinner more enjoyable, we had Miss Duke as our server. She was a blast!
I had a coupon for a free appetizer or side dish. She immediately suggested that we get more for our bucks if we ordered the shrimp cocktail.  Boy, was she on the money. The shrimps were so fresh and succulent and obese! This is the time that "obese" is a good thing.


The surf and turf special included the spinning bowl salad, a big slice of prime rib, mashed potatoes, a side vegetable (we both picked creamed corn), Yorkshire pudding, C.C. Brown's Sundae and coffee or tea. I usually get the English cut, (thin slices) as oppose to a big fat slice like I got last night.  It was a lot of food. The Lobster tail was small but it was as succulent as the shrimps and was juicy; it was just the right amount. We were informed later that the lobsters are flown fresh from Nova Scotia.





I must mention that we got there before our reservation time so we indulged on the meatballs and home made potato chips while we were waiting.  This is probably why we could not finish our meal. Oh, and we also had some hot sour dough bread before we got our entree. Lucky Nako, Amy's husband and Erik, my son, for they had the best left overs.

We went on a Monday night and the restaurant looked like it was a weekend. This was nice to see since Lawry's has been around for a long time and they keep their menu simple; pretty much the same thing they have been serving and they do it very well.
My only regret is seeing some people dressed like they were going to the park or the gym. The ambiance is old time elegance and I just wish they had a dress code.

Thanks Ms. Duke, I look forward to having you serve us in the future and Happy Birthday Amy .....may you have many many more to come!


P.S. I told the 2 of you not to move.....and I didn't have my glasses when I checked my camera. Sorry for the blurrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment