Thursday, August 23, 2012

Milk Ice Cream Parlor

My niece, Aimee told me all about this ice cream parlor on 7290 Beverly Blvd. in Los Angeles. Last night after another dinner at Meet in Paris which was delicious as ever, we decided to have our dessert at MILK.



We got there and my eyes popped out not knowing where to look first.  Ice cream flavors of vast variety plus ice cream sandwiches made with macarons!  Not to be confused with macaroons which are coconut cookies.  Macarons are French cookies that are meringue- like, very light and and sometimes a bit chewy.


I was all set to order the salted caramel macaron which Aimee talked about.  They did not have it!  I asked them why and the answer was that they had it the day before. Apparently, they rotate the flavors.  He also mentioned  that the salted caramel was very popular. I did not major in business, but don't you think if the demand is there, you should have it available at all times?  Oh well..... I settled for the toffee coffee macaron since I love coffee ice cream.
It was veryyyy good.  Cindy and Sandi both ordered the banana dulce de leche which was also delicious.  They were big and hard to eat but I managed.  My 2 friends had to use their knives and forks since they didn't want to eat it like a hamburger which was the fun and proper way.....according to me. 



Milk also serves sandwiches, cupcakes, cookies, and salads. Before I left, I bought 4 oatmeal cranberry cookies.  If you like healthy tasteless cookies, this is for you. I didn't like them. It was like eating unseasoned vegetables.



One thing for sure...they claim to be an Ice Cream Parlor and they are indeed a very good ice cream parlor.  FYI,  we went to a another ice cream store 2 weeks ago called Coolhaus in Culver City; do not bother, it was not even worth my time to write about it.  Go to MILK instead.

1 comment:

  1. Upgrade your Milk Parlor with high tech milk parlor machinery that will help you with a better and easy animal management and also will increase the productivity.

    ReplyDelete