Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Osteria Mozza

This is one of my favorite restaurants in L.A.  Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali & Joseph Bastianich are the guilty perpetrators of this wonderful establishment.

We were 8 in our party.  We shared a few appetizers like mussels with wine, tomatoes and a rich broth.  We also had my favorite appetizer which was the burrata w/the bacon, crostini with burrata and black olives and something like a bread stick but had the consistency of barquillos (so a bit sweet) with prosciutto wrapped around one end of it.



A variety of entrees were ordered. One had a steak which was hidden underneath what looked like a spinach salad, one had a whole fish which looked like it just emerged from hell. It was black but boy was it delicious. This fish was first steamed then grilled. The cold squid ink pasta with crab was absolutely delicious. Another person ordered the trout which I didn't get to try. I had the cacio e pepe which was loaded with pepper. It was good but I must say, the one I make is better especially since I serve it on a parmesan bowl.



For dessert, we shared some donuts with mascarpone served with vanilla ice cream sitting on a pool of lemon curd. That was very good. I ordered a trio of  mint ice cream sandwich, and 2 other interesting desserts which I do not recall since I was a bit drunk. We got to the restaurant early and a bunch of us had a dirty martini which was quite strong.  Two bottles of wine were ordered and only 7 of us drank...plus the person beside me kept pouring his wine in my glass.   The reason I know I was not myself was I didn't try everyone's dish which is abnormal for me!



I missed ordering my favorite pasta with either boar or duck meat sauce which is always outstanding.  There's always a next time...........

No comments:

Post a Comment