Saturday, August 4, 2012

Standing Room-Sitting Room

Yes, the Standing Room can now be called Sitting Room.  I previously blogged about this wonderful jewel of a place serving sandwiches inside a Liquor Store located at 144 N. Catalina Ave. in Redondo Beach, Ca.

I have had their short rib sandwich which is very good but I can't seem to get passed the soft shell crab sandwich and their truffle fries.  I have at least 4 friends who never tried soft shell crab and are now addicts!  It really is the best. In case you are wondering what those tiny balls are; no, they are not fish eggs...they are called bubu arare which are cripsy rice crackers.



FYI, this place is appropriatetly called Standing Room because that is what you do. You go in, place your order and wait.  There was no place to eat this until now.  They have set up a few tables and chairs in the parking lot. My friend and I just ate in her SUV. This time we were prepared.  I brought trash bags for our placemats and she brought plastic plates. Unless you live 5 minutes away, it is best to eat them while they are hot or risk getting a ticket driving home.

I want to try their burgers which looks very good.  Perhaps one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment