Friday, February 10, 2012

Super Easy Chicken Breast



The reason this chicken recipe is super easy is because..all you have to do is buy the package. When I don't have a lot of time I like to make something fast yet edible. It is a challenge to just go with what you have. I knew I had to get the main entree. I went to Smart and Final and got this "Raw Chicken Stuffed Breast" which was stuffed with broccoli and cheese. It looked appetizing but I had a feeling it might be dry despite the cheese stuffing. I imagined a jelly doughnut with hardly any jelly inside. All I had to do was bake the individually wrapped chicken breast for about 30 minutes. I had some left over bleu cheese mixed with mascarpone which I melted in the microwave, then drizzled it on top of the crispy chicken breast. It was delicious.

For a side dish, I boiled some yukon potatoes with the skin then mashed them. I added a good amount of butter but then used skim milk (can't splurge all the time),feta cheese, salt & pepper. The potatoes were lumpy and had chunks of skin which I do like.

Since the broccoli was not enough vegetable serving for our daily allowance (as if I really cared), I microwaved some frozen peas and added a bit of sugar and whoala, the peas tasted so fresh!

So, there you have it...easy but I can't really say "easy as pie" unless of course you pick one from the freezer section!

No comments:

Post a Comment