Monday, February 6, 2012

Jumbo Seafood





When is Singapore, do not miss this restaurant. There is a dish you have to order and experience. It is the bamboo clam. It is seasonal so it is not always available. I was lucky to be there in May last year when it was in season. I visited my brother Dino who lives there and one of the many places he and his family took me was this place. He was all excited about this clam. I am not a fan of clams but will have it when served.

The bamboo clam came. It looked like a bamboo outside and the inside looked disgusting with cilantro to cover up this unappetizing thing! If Dino and his wife Grace thought it was great, I figured; " How bad can it be?" I tried it and boy oh boy....it's one of the best things I ever had in my life! How can anything look so bad and yet taste so, so very good?

They also ordered the chile crab which Singapore is known for. I can't get too excited over this even if it was delicious because the work involved in eating crabs takes away from my eating pleasure. I even offered to employ my nephew Luigi to crack and peel my crab for me but he respectfully declined.

My other favorite dish was the cereal shrimps. I had it at another restaurant but this was better since the shrimps were already peeled, therefore ready for consumption (no peeling needed). This was so delicious! Can't even describe it. You just have to try it...period!

Of course, when you feel like you've had enough Chinese, there is always, Osteria Mozza, Lawrys, Mortons, and even Joel Robuchon's L'Atelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment