Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raya at the Ritz










If romance is in your mind then you have to plan on visiting this great restaurant in the beautiful Ritz Carlton in Laguna Beach, California.

My friend and I had the pleasure of dining at Raya in August of 2011. They were having their special summer menu. We had several courses all of which were excellent. Add to that the sunset view; one will likely make a proposition of marriage with this kind of ambiance!

We started out with swordfish tacos w/ wonton and mango salsa. Then came the pulled jidori chicken salad w/candied pecans, mandarin,cabbage with crispy wontons. So far so good..we kept thinking that the next course could not be that good. The tuna salad w/mixed greens with a lemon wasabi dressing was quite refreshing, followed by the tempura asparagus salad. The mussels which I am usually not fond of made me a fan. This was cooked in coconut milk and lobster broth. The last dish was the beef huarache w/carmelized onions and black beans with manchego cheese and chile toreado.

For dessert, we had a variety of heaven...I can't wait to return and see what Chef Gerlach has in store for us.

What a wonderful meal in a most romantic setting. I just wish I was with Richard Gere instead of my girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment