Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Menu for Ash Wednesday



For all you Catholics, you know Ash Wednesday is a day of "no meat" and fasting. Fasting means that the 2 other meals should be less than the main meal.
So, I had to plan to eat less for breakfast and lunch. Started out with a small roll for breakfast. For lunch I brought a banana to my dance class which I planned to eat in between classes. My friend Konnee brought a cake for another friends birthday.
I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I indulged in a small piece.

Dinner came along; I decided to make an Orzo dish called "Truffle Heaven". It had asparagus, cream, truffle butter, parmesan and pecorino cheese, garlic. It turned out quite good. Served some salad with it.

The meal was not complete without dessert. When I went to the market earlier, I looked for something light. As I passed by the frozen desserts, my eyes zeroed in on the "sea salt caramel truffle ice cream". It looked too good not to try..funny, it landed in my cart while I was still debating.

It was a good decision. The ice cream not only had swirls of caramel but it had big square chunks of chocolate chips and when you bit on it, out came more gooey salted caramel! On the kitchen counter was a bottle of Ghiradelli chocolate sauce that called out to me...so again, I indulged.

Ash Wednesday isn't that bad. Oh, I better get the banana out of my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment