Saturday, March 18, 2023

Primo Italia

I was invited to this restaurant that's been around for a while, located at the Hillside Village in Torrance. I never went, only because I heard it was not that good. This is from a couple who enjoys good food and has traveled worldwide, and I was excited to see it for myself.

 

Sugar insisted we order cocktails which took little persuasion. Three of them ordered a dirty martini, and I was happy to order the "filthy martini." It was decided that since we all eat octopus, the fried calamari would be a good appetizer. Our host also ordered a side dish of sauteed veggies which was good. The calamari could have been better, it was not crispy as it should have been, but we consumed it anyway.

Zohreh ordered the Branzino con Carciofi, whole sea bass with artichokes and escarole. Our friend decided to split a Porterhouse Steak with Mike. I tried the fish and thought it was tasteless, but the steak had a bit more flavor.

I decided on the Saltimbocca di Vitello; veal scaloppini with sliced prosciutto, fresh sage, and broccolini cooked in white wine sauce. This was served with polenta. I liked the polenta, but unfortunately, the veal failed to excite me. 

We did order the Tiramisu for dessert to share among the 4 of us, and we all enjoyed this dessert. If you ask me if I would return to this restaurant, the answer is no. For the price they charge, I would be much happier dining elsewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment