Sunday, March 19, 2023

Elephante

This restaurant in Santa Monica is now one of my favorite restaurants. Gary wanted to meet with Sandi and me to exchange "pasalubongs" (small gifts from our travels). He had just come back from a European trip, and Sandi and I had just returned from Asia. Gary suggested this restaurant.

The entrance to the restaurant was impressive. We had to go through a corridor and take an elevator to the rooftop. It was a cold day, and even as we sat by a fireplace, we never took off our coats. The restaurant is on 2nd St. in Santa Monica, so you could see the ocean from our table.


Gary ordered the Burrata Pizza, which was delicious. Sandi had the Fusilli Pesto; arugula, pistachio, Parmigiano, and pistachio breadcrumbs. I had a taste of it, and it was delicious.

I absolutely loved my choice, which was Gemelli Pasta; squid ink pasta, Dungeness crab, tomato butter, and chili. Looking at it may not have been appetizing to some as it looked like black worms, but after the first bite, I was in 7th heaven. I can say that this was the BEST squid ink pasta I've ever had. The combination of the sauce with the chili and pieces of crab was magic! Even Sandi, who is not a fan of squid ink pasta, thought it to be delicious.

I can't wait to go back to Elephante. Thank you, Gary, for introducing us to this restaurant, and thank you, Sandi, for treating us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment