Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Chicken with Honey Mustard Dressing

This recipe was so simple that I doubted it would be good, but I decided to try it anyway. Zohreh and Mike were up to being my guinea pigs.

The recipe called for just pouring the honey mustard dressing on a baking pan. You then lay the chicken that's been sprinkled with salt and pepper. The recipe called for chicken thighs, but I used skinless chicken breasts. Toward the end of baking, I added shredded mozzarella and a combination of Parmesan, fontina, and asiago cheese. The result was a very moist chicken with a lovely honey mustard sauce. I served this with fresh asparagus with my homemade sauce and some potatoes.

I thought I would channel my "inner Sandi" and bake a cake for dessert. Again, this was an experiment. Torta di Limone e Olio (lemon olive oil cake). It was impressive to look at as I even decorated it with some rosemary flowers. The cake was on the dry side but had potential. I will try it once more and add more lemon juice, rind, and oil.

I thank my guinea pigs for being such good sports. I checked up on them the following day and they are both o.k.



No comments:

Post a Comment