Thursday, March 30, 2023

Créme de la Crêpe

After tai-chi class, Zohreh and I decided to go to this restaurant. We planned it earlier, and she brought a bottle of wine since Wednesdays are "no corkage fee." nights. What better way to enjoy dinner. 

We wanted a leisurely meal, so we ordered the Cheese Plate as an appetizer. We loved the presentation, which looked so inviting, and the cheeses were well-picked to go with their French bread. 


Zohreh ordered the Chicken Dijon with potato gratin and beautiful vegetables. I had the Mussels. Lucien, our server, suggested I try his favorite, Mussels with brandy and lobster sauce. I love the one with mustard, but it was time to broaden my horizon. I was satisfied. It was genuinely delicious and came with a big mound of French fries. I knew I would end up dumping half the fries into the beautiful sauce, so I tried to work quickly, get all the meat off the mussel shells, and enjoy everything. 


Lucien came back to ask us if we wanted dessert. Zohreh said she was full. So was I, BUT I reminded her that desserts usually go to a reserved compartment in the stomach. We decided to split an order of Crêpe Suzette. This was the perfect end to a wonderful meal. 

So far, I haven't had anything "not good" at this restaurant. Créme de la Crêpe is located at 550 Deep Valley Dr. #145 in Rolling Hills Estates, California. They also have other locations in the beach area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment