Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Soowon Galbi Korean BBQ

Sugar invited me to her favorite Korean Restaurant in Koreatown last week. I haven't been to a Korean restaurant as far as I can remember, and I was just not familiar with much of the food; plus, I know I do not care for a restaurant wherein I have to do the cooking. I can cook at home!




I had no idea that I was really in for a treat. I allowed Sugar to order since she knew what was good. She ordered an appetizer called Soowon Galbi, like the restaurant's name. USDA Premium Black Angus bone-in short ribs marinated for 48 hours. My first question was, do we have to do our cooking? I was relieved to hear that the server cooks for you. Our server, Eddie, came with 10 cups of assorted side dishes, from seaweed noodles to asparagus, etc. He proceeded to throw 2 slabs of beef on the fire. The aroma was unbelievable. We couldn't wait to eat. I was too excited that I neglected to take another picture of the finished product, which he meticulously cut into strips. It was unbelievably, incredibly, super delicious. With all that food, they also served a big bowl of salad!




Sugar, whose stomach is the size of a bird, just ordered the Soon Tofu Stew, spicy silken tofu stew in a stone pot with a choice of beef or seafood. She had me try it, and it too was delicious. I opted for the Stone Pot Bibimbap, assorted vegetables, and beef with rice garnished with a fried egg on a hot stone pot with chili paste and sesame oil. It was wonderfully paired with the Soowon Galbi. Needless to say, I ate most of the Galbi. 



We both salute Eddie for being such a sport. He was a delightful server, and he seemed to know what we needed before we even asked. 

I thank Sugar for introducing me to Soowon Galbi. The only thing I don't like is the restaurant's distance from my house. Sugar didn't mind driving at all and offered to go anytime. Soowan Galbi is located at 856 Vermont Ave B in Los Angeles, California. They are open every day from 11:30 to 9:30 p.m.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment