Monday, March 21, 2022

Japonica

My son suggested we try this place that was highly rated at yelp. I told him that I had seen the business since it is near where I have my hair cut. They have tables inside and a few outside. Eating right by Pacific Coast Hwy. with all the traffic didn't excite me. So I opted to sit inside. We were early enough that we got a lovely table by the window. 

It was still "Happy Hour," so I got a deal on the draft beer. We started with some Edamame which was really good as we both thought you could eat the whole thing since they were really soft and tender.

My son ordered the Bumblebee Tuna Roll (spicy yellowtail tuna, cucumbers in a garlic ponzu sauce) and asked for a recommendation from our server for something else. She suggested their #1 Best Seller, the White Lightning (seared albacore, white tempura fish, tempura asparagus, garlic butter soy, chive). Though it was good, it was not nearly as tasty as the Bumblebee Roll.

We got a free order of Gyoza which I really liked. I ordered the Shrimp Uni Udon for my main meal, which was fantastic; not much uni, but it was still great. A definite "order again" in the future. 

We didn't order dessert only because I gave it up for Lent. I was afraid I would still be hungry, but I was wrong. The Udon, Edamame, Gyoya, and some of the Bumblebee and White Lightning were genuinely filling. 

Japonica is located at 1304 1/2 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California. They are open every day from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on weekends.



No comments:

Post a Comment