Saturday, March 19, 2022

Piccini Italian Takeout

This is not just another takeout place, this belongs to the Gaetano family. If you are not in the mood to go out and want something light, then this is the place to go for sandwiches salads, and the star of the show is the FRIED ARTICHOKE HEARTS!

When I looked at the menu and saw the artichoke hearts, I knew I was getting those delicious appetizers. They used to have that on the Gaetano's menu many years ago, and I couldn't understand why it was taken off the menu. I figured too many people were thinking "unhealthy" since it is fried, and I always considered it "healthy" since it's a vegetable! 

I ordered them, hoping they were as good as I remembered, but I had to order dinner for my son and me since I was there. I got a Grilled Chicken Pesto Sandwich and an order of Zucchini Cacio e Pepe. Vince happened to be there at the time and asked me if I had their Salted Caramel Tiramisu. I have had the Salted Caramel dessert at Bettolino, but not this Tiramisu. He wanted me to try it, so he gave me a container of it which is really good for two. I didn't have the nerve to tell him I had given up dessert for Lent. But, since I am a real trooper, I felt I owed it to him to have at least half of it, my son had the other half. It was delicious! It was worth the sin.... mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! 




As soon as I got to my car, I had to open the container of artichoke hearts so as not to get soggy. I dipped one in the dressing, then another, and while driving, I had yet another! I never eat in my car, but this was an exception. I could have it every day, and I wouldn't get tired of it.

When I got home, I continued to eat some more and left only 4 pieces for my son. The sandwich was perfect, and I would get it again in the future. 

Piccini Takeout is located at 4642 Del Amo Blvd. in Torrance, California.





No comments:

Post a Comment