Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Gaetano's

Haven't been to Gaetano's in a while. After Sujata and I attended our Tai-chi Qui Gong class, we were ready for an early dinner, and I remembered that Gaetano's has a "Happy Hour" from 2–6 pm. We were done with our class at 2:15 pm, so that was perfect. At Happy Hour, all the appetizers are 1/2 off, and they deduct $3.00 from all their drinks. Instead of appetizers, we ordered the Pear Gorgonzola Salad to split. That was delicious though the pears were quite hard, which Sujata preferred. 

We had their delicious bread, which I warned Sujata not to overeat to make room for her entrĂ©e. She ordered the Shrimp Mediterranean, farfalle, shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic in olive oil sauce. Though she loved it, she could only consume half of it and took the rest home. 

On the other hand, I ate all of my Tagliatelle & Chianti Short Ribs. The short ribs were tender, and the flavor was absolutely delicious, just as I remembered. 

I have to mention that or server Bridget was a true professional. The wine I ordered by the glass was not to my liking. This is something that can happen at any restaurant. Either the bottle has been sitting out a long time or exposed to heat; many reasons this could occur. She not only was apologetic, but she immediately took it away and gave me a sample of another red wine to see if it was o.k. before she gave me another glass. That took more time, but it showed how she was determined to please me, the customer. 

Dessert was not in the cards since I gave it up for Lent. Sujata either really didn't want dessert or felt sorry for me and sacrificed not having any. 

Gaetano's Restaurant is located at 2731 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance, California. They are open every day from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment