Thursday, March 24, 2022

Chart House

The last time I was at Chart House was in December last year when I was invited by my friend Sugar. I was so impressed with the food that I joined their "Landry's Select Club" where you pay $25 which you get back for use at any of their multiple restaurants from Morton's Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick's, Joe's Crab Shack, Del Frisco's Grill and a ton more restaurants and Hotels. They also send you a $25 reward on your birthday month!

I used my $25 for the corkage fee. I got a bottle of Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano, which was an excellent bottle I got at Total Wine. We had the special, offered only via email to members and was unavailable on their regular menu. Every Monday-Thursday for the month of March, they were offering this deal for $45. This is a 3-course Dinner featuring Soup or Salad, Seafood Trio, Lobster Tail, Scallop, Coco Shrimp, and Crème Brûlee.

Zohreh and I ordered the special. She opted for the Caesar Salad, and I had the Clam Chowder. I asked if there was any way they could substitute the Coconut Shrimp for something else since I dislike coconut. Our server Anastasia, a sweet young Ukrainian lady, immediately said she could offer me grilled Shrimp instead, which I happily agreed to. Zohreh shared some of her salad with me, and my clam chowder was delicious.

Our eyes popped when our food arrived, and we couldn't believe what we got on our plates. The Lobster Tail was succulent. The Scallops were terrific with the toasted buttered bread underneath, and my Shrimp was cooked to perfection. The veggies were good as well, and they also served some potatoes on the side. Anastasia checked on us several times to make sure everything was good. 

I could not have dessert (my Lenten sacrifice), so I gave mine to Zohreh. She was just as full as I was, so she asked Anastasia to just put them in a container to take home. I never saw what it looked like, so I called Zohreh later to take a picture of it. It did look delicious!

The evening was just lovely, especially with the ocean view! Chart House is located at 231 Yacht Club Way in Redondo Beach, California. They are open every day from 4:00-9:00 PM.




No comments:

Post a Comment