Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sampa's Gourmet Pizza

What better way to celebrate New Year's Eve than to have a pizza from Sampa's and some Champagne? Who says you have to celebrate with people you care about? Well, that's all well and good but when everyone else is busy or not busy by themselves or alone, there is no reason why you shouldn't have a good time, and good time did I have last night. 

I stopped by Sampa's on my way home after dropping my son off to meet with friends. I asked how long it would take to order a pizza and they told me about 15 minutes. Of course I knew the wait would be worth it since I have been a customer since I discovered this place in May of 2019. My only problem was deciding which pizza to order. I eventually settled for the Caprese with fresh tomatoes, ricotta, olive pesto, and fresh basil. Their Funghi Al Tartufo, mushrooms ricotta, mozzarella oregano and truffle oil is also one of my favorites but I thought ordering 2 pizzas for one was overkill!

As soon as I walked out of Sampa's, I immediately turned  on the heater on the empty seat in my car. Thats the only time I use the heater, to keep it warm. I got a plate and started on the 8 piece pizza with champagne. The pizza was delicious as ever. It was very thin, kinda burnt on the bottom and just perfect. The tomatoes were nice and firm but juicy and I could really taste the freshness of all the ingredients. I managed to eat 5 large pieces with only 3 left. Now I wish I left one more so I could at least have 4 pieces tonight. Oh well, that's instant gratification for you! Plus I thought what if that was my last meal; at least it would have been very fulfilling.


I still haven't tried their dessert pizzas which sounds very interesting; like the Romeo & Juliet which is Guava paste and cheese or the Banana Flambe Pizza, with bananas, cinnamon and sugar or the Churros Pizza which is dulce de leche, cinnamon, sugar and mozzarella. Theres also the Nutella & Strawberries Pizza.

Sampa's Gourmet Pizza is located in a little strip mall in the corner of Pennsylvania Ave. and Pacific Coast Hwy. in Lomita, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment