Thursday, January 6, 2022

Dark Chocolate Scones

My friend Cindy read my blog on the Lemon Poppy Seed Scones that she decided to give me a package of Dark Chocolate Scones made by Sticky Fingers. I guess she wanted me to be the guinea pig as she didn't want to waste her time (not much time involved) baking the scones in case it was not good. 

So I got a bowl, emptied the package, and preheated my oven. All it took was a lot of mixing with water using a fork, then shaping them into scones on parchment paper. I had 11 instead of 12 scones by the time I was done. I baked them, and the house smelled like chocolate all over!

The scone was quite moist. It was good, but it lacked something. I then took some Orange Curd out and dabbed some with each bite. Voila! That was it. The chocolate scone with chocolate chips was not too sweet since it was dark chocolate, and the orange curd added the right amount of sweetness and tanginess. It was so good that I had a second scone.  

So, Cindy, go ahead and get your Sticky Fingers Dark Chocolate Scones package, but don't forget to buy some Orange Curd.



No comments:

Post a Comment