Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Paul Martin's American Grill

My friend Sugar received an email from this restaurant. They were having a prix-fixe dinner that was hard to ignore, and it included a nice salad, prime rib, and a dessert. She offered to pick me up, and at that point, it was hard to say no.

We arrived for an early dinner, 3:30 p.m. We ordered the special and decided to just have wine by the glass. Sugar asked the waiter which wine he recommended that was not sweet, and he suggested one, and it was nice to offer a sample. The wine was sweet. He never came back to check, so I had to wave both arms hoping to catch someone's attention after some time. The lady bartender looked our way, and I asked for our waiter. She approached our table, and I asked her to bring Sugar the exact wine I got. That took a while. 

Our waiter finally decided to come and take our order. Sugar ordered her meat medium-rare, and I ordered a medium. We started with the salad, which was a generous serving, and it was good. Then came our prime rib, and I have to say that it was cooked to our liking. The meat was tender, and Sugar even commented that it was like butter. The mashed potatoes were equally delicious. 

The dessert was all chocolate, and it did not disappoint. 

Paul Martin's Grill is still good, but the service has gone downhill. Paul Martin's Grill is located at 2361 Rosecrans Ave. in El Segundo, California. They have numerous locations in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment