Sunday, August 1, 2021

L' Hirondelle Restaurant

I had reservations for dinner at L'Hirondelle in San Juan Capistrano while staying there for the evening last week. It was a charming little restaurant that reminded me of an old restaurant in Torrance called Chalet de France, which is no longer in operation.

Sandi and I both decided on the Petit Filet Mignon, with mashed potatoes. We did not order an appetizer or salad since we had wine and hors d' oeuvres in our hotel. We also enjoyed their bread while anxiously waiting for our food. I could not decide which sauce I wanted because I love Bearnaise sauce, and I also love the brandy peppercorn sauce. But I settled for the Bearnaise. Lo and behold, our server gave me a small dish of peppercorn sauce which  I thought was a very nice touch.

We could not believe how tender the steaks were. We both thought we have never had steaks THAT tender! Sure, we've had perfect steaks elsewhere, but nothing really compares to this. We were very pleased and pleasantly full.

We decided we would have dessert even before we ordered our entrée, which is why we asked for the dessert menu before we even looked at the dinner menu. Upon careful thinking, we decided on something light. Cherries Jubilee. I told them it better be good because I do make a perfect Cherries Jubilee. Though it was not flaméed tableside, it was still good, not as good as mine if I may say so, but that's only because mine has much more brandy!

The sad part about this restaurant is that it is too far from the Palos Verdes/Torrance area. L'Hirondelle is located at 31631 Camino Capistrano in San Juan Capistrano, California. If you are ever in the area, try and book a reservation. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment