Monday, August 2, 2021

Krust

I haven't been to Krust in a long time. I was surprised to see they have much more variety in their pastries in addition to the breakfast specials. The first thing I asked them was if they still made the lemon-glazed donuts. The answer was yes, but they asked if I wanted it with custard, and since I've never had it with custard, I ordered one. Upon reviewing my old blog, I apparently had the custard but with powdered sugar, not lemon glazed. I also got a couple of Almond Croissants. 

The lemon donut was superb; I've never had custard that good ever! The custard is not sweet and very light, so it's just perfect. I preferred the lemon glaze to be more lemony since I like things tart, especially if paired with custard. The almond croissant was also perfect. So perfect that even eaten the following day, it was still flaky, crispy, light, and that was without refrigeration or heating. 

Amy loves croissants, so I thought she would enjoy their croissants. Last week I called her up just before she intended to go to the gym. I told her we could meet after her workout. She canceled her plans for the gym when she heard "croissants." 

I, of course, had to get more lemon donuts; Sandi had placed an order for breakfast the following day. Amy went crazy and bought several almond croissants and lemon donuts. Needless to say, she did enjoy both pastries. We also noticed they sold French baguettes, which looked good, so I got a couple to take home. I thought we could have some cold cuts with the bread for dinner. 

The baguettes were authentic French bread, crusty outside and soft inside. I did speak to the new owner, Yuni, who was very nice. They have expanded to the next room, a cozy room that you can enjoy your pastries and coffee. There are a few small tables outside for people that like to eat outdoors like Amy!

Krust is located at 1300 S Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach on the corner of Ave. E and PCH.


No comments:

Post a Comment