Sunday, August 8, 2021

Healthy Salmon

Yes, believe it or not, it's healthy, and I love it, and it's always a hit because it is truly delicious. I had Amy, Mike, Zohreh, and Sandi over on a weeknight.  We had a few hors d' oeuvres in the backyard. We enjoyed some Champagne except, of course, for Amy, our 92-year old dear friend who loves her red wine. 

It was an effortless dinner. I had warned Zohreh and Mike that this dinner is unlike their dinner parties, where they serve a ton of food! I just served the steamed salmon with good old unhealthy mashed potatoes. Since the salmon was healthy, I didn't feel guilty cooking the potatoes with a ton of butter, milk, and whipping cream. We had to have something green, so I cooked some asparagus and served it with a homemade sauce. Everyone loved it; at least that's what they said!

Dessert was a big hit. Sandi made the most delicious fresh Peach and Blueberry Pie. It was outstanding!








No comments:

Post a Comment