Monday, July 19, 2021

Back to Republique Heaven

It was time for another Kouign Amann run to Republique. Since my partner in crime, Sandi, and I were to make the 31-mile drive to Los Angeles, we made sure we were there as soon as they open to avoid the line and reward ourselves by having breakfast there. We already had their delicious Avocado Toast and Potato Pancake with Smoked Salmon, so we thought of exploring the many other dishes on their menu. We split an order of Mushroom Toast and Croque Madame.

The Mushroom Toast had ham, spinach, scrambled eggs, Hollandaise, and red wine sauce. It was topped with lots of delicious mushrooms. This was very tasty and was as good as it looked. The Croque Madame had cured ham and Gruyѐre cheese, topped with a fried egg and served with baby green salad, which was also delicious. I should have taken a picture after it was cut in half and the egg oozing onto the plate, but my excitement got the better of me, and I just started devouring it but savoring each bite. 

We couldn't leave without the 14 Raspberry-Pistachio Kouign-Amann's I previously ordered the day before.

Republique is located at 624 South La Brea Ave., in Los Angeles, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment