Sunday, July 4, 2021

Double Birthdays at Lawry's

What better way to celebrate birthdays than to have dinner at Lawry's. It's been a while since I've been there especially since the pandemic broke out. They later offered outdoor dining which looked inviting with the lights and all but I thought I would wait until they resume indoor dining again. It was my son and brother's birthdays in June and with everyone's busy schedule, the first available date was July 2nd. 

I had just missed Mr. Aniel Chopra, the general manager whom I haven't seen in a long time. But, the manager Mr. Peter May came to say hello. Though the food was as wonderful as ever, we did miss the theatrics of the spinning salad and carving of the prime rib. I even looked for my favorite carver, Anthony who no longer works there. Our server, Jacquie Cardinale, took very good care of us. Both my brother and I were curious to find out if she was related to Claudia Cardinale, the famous Italian actress and she said no. We were surprised she knew who she was. Though she mentioned that she was related to Joe DiMaggio which we thought was very interesting.

Two orders of English Triffle arrived for the birthday boys and Mr. May sent over an additional Flourless Chocolate cake. Needless to say, we were all stuffed. In our excitement, I forgot to take a picture of the Chocolate Cake!

I look forward to returning to Lawry's when I can experience the " Good Old Lawry's" complete with its theatrics. 

Sorry I missed you, Mr. Chopra. I thank you for our dessert and it was a pleasure meeting Mr. May.

No comments:

Post a Comment