Thursday, July 8, 2021

Bettolino Kitchen

My friend Bum-Bum, and yes, it's a funny nickname, from the Philippines came to visit me last week. We haven't seen each other in 2 years. I took her to Bettolino Kitchen for lunch because I knew she would love the food there. 

We started with their wonderful warm bread served with olive oil, herbs and of course, I had to ask for Parmesan cheese. There's always a problem with this bread. Everyone that's had it can't stop eating it once they start. It really is THAT GOOD!

I asked Bum-Bum if I could order for the both of us. She agreed, but I first had to ask her if she eats octopus, and I meant grilled, not the regular fried calamari, and she said yes. I got excited since most of my friends don't like even looking at the tentacles. I ordered the Polipo Alla Griglia; Grilled Octopus. Bum-Bum was impressed with how tender and tasty it was. I feel sorry for people who get turned off by their appearance. They really are missing out!

I ordered the Tortelloni al Limone for our entrée. Rebecca, our server, asked if we would like a salad to go with it. I really was not planning on it, but it did sound good. After the Polipo and numerous servings of the bread, we were both getting full, especially after consuming the Caesar Salad. The Tortelloni arrived, and we were both happy she just brought us one order which was perfect because even if we were super full, we had to leave room for dessert. My friend absolutely loved the Tortelloni; who wouldn't?


I had to have her try the Salted Caramel Semifredo which was of course a hit. Andreanna didn't think that was enough so she sent us the Torta di Cioccolato which we enjoyed as well. Thank you Andreanna and thanks to Rebecca for your suggestions and great service.


Bettolino Kitchen is consistently good. You can be sure you will not be disappointed with the service and food. Bettolino Kitchen is located at 211 Palos Verdes Blvd., in Redondo Beach, California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment