Thursday, May 12, 2022

Tin Roof Bistro

Sujata treated us to dinner last Tuesday and we also celebrated Sandi's birthday. We haven't been back to the Tin Roof in a few years. 

For the occasion, I brought a bottle of Italian sparkling wine for all 3 of us to enjoy. We had to order their delicious Brussels Sprouts for our appetizer, which we all loved.  Both Sujata and Sandi ordered the Fish & Chips with French fries and cole slaw. It was the tastiest coleslaw ever! The fries were so crispy and light, and though I didn't order any, I ended up eating most of Sandi's fries. The fish was also nice and light.


I had the Lamb Bolognese. When I placed my order, I asked our server, David who reminded us of Brandon Fraser, to bring some Parmesan cheese with my pasta. Sandi made the comment that I do like the cheese. Before my pasta arrived, he brought 2 little bowls of freshly shaved Parmesan. My pasta was very good, though I think it would be better if the pasta was a narrower papardelle. The very wide papardelle was too heavy and I was unable to finish my dish which was most unusual. 

David, was so efficient that he kept clearing the table before I was done, He saw the Brussels sprouts plate almost empty and as he tried to clear it, I told him we or rather I was not done. He apologized. Later when we were all done eating, he cleard our plates but little did he know that I was trying to finish Sandi's fries. This time I instinctively hit his arm (bad boy), luckily he has not sued me for battery. He was most entertaining and such a good sport. We are sure to ask for him the next time we return to Tin Roof.

We were not planning on ordering dessert but David brought Sandi an Apple and Rhubarb Crisp served with Vanilla Ice Cream. Sandi was kind enough to share and we all got to try this dessert which also had cranberries.

Tin Roof is still a good place to go especially for early dinner before the cruwds. They are located at 3500 N Sepulveda Blvd. in Manhattan Beach, CA. They are open everyday from 4 PM to 10 PM and on the weekends, they open from 10 AM.



1 comment:

  1. Thank Sujata, dinner there is always such a treat and our server David was a gem.

    ReplyDelete