Thursday, May 26, 2022

La Bocca Felice

Since she moved away, Sandi hasn't been back to La Bocca Felice, so it was just appropriate to continue celebrating her birthday. Nima, the owner, came to our table to say hello, and he was looking very dapper that evening. 


We always enjoy the free corkage, so I brought a bottle of Gruet, a very nice and crisp sparkling wine my cousin Cookie gave me for my birthday. We started with their delicious calamari, which we devoured. I ordered the Pappardelle Short Rib Ragu. You really cannot go wrong with this dish. It's hearty, and you get lots of chunky meat packed with incredible flavor. Together with the pappardelle, this is sure to fill an empty stomach. In fact, I could not finish it, so I had to take it home to enjoy the following day. Sandi ordered the Fettucine Capesante with scallops. That was delicious as well and had a slight lemon flavor. 


Zohreh and Amy had the Swordfish Milanese. I had a bite of it, and it was indeed flaky and fresh. We were all too full to order dessert. 

While dining, we enjoyed the music of a trio that made us ladies want to dance to some classic jazz music. It was a romantic; if only Richard Gere had been there. Oh well, I can only dream. 

We were surprised when Francisco, our server whom we had several times in the past, brought Sandi a surprise Cannoli dessert to share. It was a nice touch. 

La Bocca Felice is located at 301 West 6th St in San Pedro, California. 







No comments:

Post a Comment